Black & Gold Sequin Dresses
The latest star-studded trend to hit the red carpet is glitter-covered gowns. In the past few weeks, a string of celebrities have been seen wearing sparkly sequined dresses in shades of black and gold, or a combination of both. So put on your shades and have a closer look at this dazzling new trend.
Naya Rivera sparkles in a black and gold strapless gown with wavy line design by Douglas Hannat. She was on the red carpet at the NCL Alma Awards in Santa Monica.
Milla Jovovich wore a shimmery black Salvatore Ferragamo gown to 'The Three Musketeers' movie premiere. She added a Jimmy Choo clutch and Brian Atwood heels.
Model Crystal Renn is dipped in molten gold for the Metropolitan Opera Season's opening night in New York City. I love her Zac Posen fishtail gown with sweetheart neck and exaggerated short sleeves.
Camilla Belle looked stunning in black and gold at the opening of the Gucci Museo in Florence. The actress wore a two-toned sequined dress by none other than Gucci.
Camilla Alves wears a twinkly Manish Arora mini dress with metallic-shaded sequinned stripes to a Cirque du Soleil show in LA. Her black peep toe pumps are by Stuart Weitzman.
Brit Morgan opted for a black and gold dress with pleated skirt by Nicole Miller, which she wore to her birthday party in Las Vegas. She paired it with black and white heels.
Kim Kardashian dons a gold Dolce and Gabbana star-print dress for a photo spread in Harper's Bazaar Arabia.
Who Wore Gold Sequins Better?
Eva Longoria & Katie Cassidy both wore the same gold sequined 'Breck' dress by Alice + Olivia, at two separate events - Eva in Las Vegas and Katie in New York. Eva (left) wore nude peep toe heels, while Katie (right) stepped out in chunky black 'Kiera' pumps, also by Alice + Olivia. I prefer this look on Katie.
Get The Look
1. Steal Eva's and Katie's style with this copper and gold sequined stretch-mesh dress by Alice + Olivia. $597 or R4810 from Saks Fifth Avenue
2. One-shouldered black bodycon dress with gold sequined bodice by Bebe. $119 or R959 from Bebe.com
3. A lustrous one-shouldered gold ruched mini by Rare Opulence. $180 or R1420 from The Outnet
4. A glimmering black and gold foil print sequin dress with long sleeves by ADAM. $640 or R5152.50 from Bloomingdales
5. Blue-black front-wrap dress by French Connection. £160 or R2029 from Asos
6. Sequin short-sleeved tunic dress with satin sash by Kaliko. £140 or R1745 from John Lewis
7. Violet Thunder sequin black dress scattered with gold flowers, by French Connection. £110 or R1395 from Asos
8. A simple silk and sequin playsuit by Sylvie. $325 or R2570 from Reiss Online
This trend is sure to add some spark to your nights out.
What are your thoughts - Gaudy or Glamorous?